One immense classroom time saver is to move pre-requisites for any type of classroom learning into self-paced instruction. Doing so offers a significant benefit; it ensures a much higher level of learning, as well as consistency across an increasingly diverse training audience.
Individualized learning provides a safety net, and right amount of feedback to slower learners, or those without industry experience, and faster learners with industry experience.
For many years, TBA professionals have prepared self-study guides in user-friendly formats:
- 6-10 units per module
- 6-10 topics per unit
- 3-6 callout heads within each topic.
- 2-3 progress checks per unit, a plus key point summary and unit review
The student is informed:
- How long it will take
- How progress checks work
- How to use the glossary
- When to expect knowledge assessment
- The nature of his/her manager's coaching role
- Diagnosis of skills needed and collaborating on an individual development plan
- Certification as fully qualified in assigned job.