"Implementing training solutions without provision for organizational development will fall short of the objective of modifying the way those trained perform on the job."
How to make it stick
TBA designs into its programs specific means for protecting the client against such failure.
- Dividing the program implementation process into parts.
- Implementing each part at intervals which allow participants to go back to the job and apply what they learned.
- Reporting back to management or to peers at the next training session the degree of success experienced.
TBA's approach to training implementation provides:
- Intervals of time between training events during which application will take place in a disciplined manner on the job
- Accountability for application on the job that takes the form of reporting back to all participants the effect of what a particular learning has accomplished.
The chart below illustrates how this approach can be monitored to determine if job application is occurring and desired results are being realized. The key is a review and revision loop. When desired results have been achieved, the next round of training can commence.